Bohemia Interactive announces Arma 3 Laws of War DLC
New humanitarian faction, van, drone, mini-campaign, and more
Previously referred to under its codename “Orange DLC”, we’ve finally revealed… Arma 3 Laws of War DLC! Available worldwide in the beginning of September, the Laws of War DLC explores a different perspective on the battlefield via the addition of a humanitarian faction, van, drone, mini-campaign, and much more. Some of the basic principles of the laws of war, which are also commonly referred to as International Humanitarian Law (IHL), are further introduced in the DLC’s new reveal trailer.
The Laws of War DLC delivers new playable content, together with many new in-game assets, providing even more opportunities for various types of combat operations and roleplay in Arma 3. Its key features include:
- International Development & Aid Project – This new faction, IDAP, is a non-governmental organization which is specialized in rapidly responding to humanitarian disasters.
- Mini-Campaign – Take on the role of IDAP explosive specialist Nathan MacDade, who is tasked with identifying and deactivating mines after the war in the Republic of Altis & Stratis has ended.
- Van – IDAP makes use of a new van, which comes in multiple variants, with over twenty custom liveries in total.
- Utility & Demining Drone – IDAP has a new drone at its disposal to be able to quickly move supplies to a specific location or assist with demining operations.
- APERS Mine Dispenser – The APERS Mine Dispenser is an effective but controversial area denial weapon system. It is typically only used in desperate situations.
- Vests, Bags, Headgear & Facewear – Various pieces of new gear help carry out your duties, including safety vests and goggles, hard hats, messenger bags, and more.
- Additional Content – Time trial challenges for the new van and drone, a paramedic outfit, and a training mine.
In addition, the Laws of War DLC will be supported by a major free Arma 3 platform update. Its highlights include:
- Refined cluster strikes
- The simulation of Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)
- The ability to drop (custom) leaflets from the sky
- Two new Showcase scenarios (Showcase Laws of War and Faction Showcase IDAP)
- Emergency and medical supplies such as food bags, water bottle packages, blankets, stretchers, and IV bags
- Decorative objects such as shelter tents and new furniture
- Extra Steam Achievements
Scheduled for official release in the beginning of September, the Arma 3 Laws of War DLC is available for pre-order with a 10% pre-order discount. A portion of the proceeds from the direct sales of the Laws of War DLC in 2017 will be donated to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The total amount raised will be announced on www.bistudio.com in 2018.
For more information about the Arma 3 Laws of War DLC, be sure to check out the official website at www.arma3.com/dlc/lawsofwar.