Just wanted to thank you for your continued community feedback, patience and support – the constructive reports and information we’ve received from you has been incredibly important in allowing us to fix bugs and resolve game issues. All of it is being taken into account, so please keep it coming, and thank you for keeping it as constructive as possible.
We have noticed a lot of discussion surrounding various issues and the temporary fixes in place for those issues. We wanted to take a moment to update you on what steps we are making to resolve various issues.
Here are some of the issues we’ve previously spoken on:
- Engineer Guardian Modules[forums.frontier.co.uk] – It was possible to engineering Guardian Modules when it shouldn’t have been. We’ve prevented players from engineering the module and offered a compensation package to affected players who had engineered their modules.
- Skimmer Missions[forums.frontier.co.uk] – The payouts for these skimmer missions exceeded what we felt was appropriate for these missions, so we have temporarily removed them. We are working on a fix, details of when we expect that to be in game are below
- Mining Missions[forums.frontier.co.uk] – Mining missions offered rewards which could then be used to complete additional mining missions. This was not the intended use of the new mission reward system so we have temporarily removed mining missions.
While the solutions we have implemented are temporary, permanent fixes for the above issues are on their way with the 3.0.3 update. We expect this update to be released at the end of next week or at the start of the following week, depending on how our internal tests go.
Here’s a list of things we’re currently working on for that update*:
- Updates to the Kill Warrant Scanner (including licence to kill if a bounty is detected)
- Updates to the generation of bounties on AI ships (to improve background simulation and support the new KWS)
- Superpower bounties
- Updates to the respawn rule (to improve flow robustness and legibility)
- Locking off outfitting (to stop confusing flow for players trying to wipe low cost fines/bounties and being stung with huge module cleaning bills, and to close a missed ‘loop hole’ where players didn’t have to face the consequences of crime)
- Skimmer missions re-enabled, with improved effectiveness of anti-ship base weaponry. Missions will no longer select planetary bases with inefficient defences
- Mining missions re-enabled and no longer offer the same commodities as a reward that would be required by other local missions
- ATR response now being cleared after death
- Mining fragments now show the % of what resources it contains
- Massacre missions now spawn for factions in a war state
- Galaxy map configuration now persists
- Adjusted settlement data so that missions no longer erroneously direct players to locations where they cannot be completed
- Increased bulk passenger mission rewards and balanced the rewards for Wing Delivery missions, and addressed issues with reputation gain
- Stop players being able to delete wing mission reward inbox messages, which stopped them from being able to collect the reward
- Players can pay of fines that were incurred whilst in the SRV
- Rank up missions now appear as a ‘follow up’ mission, to make it clear to the player
- Fixed gyroscopic head look on PS4
- Fixed collector limpets so that they automatically ignore materials that you have maxed out
- Fixed collector limpets so they ignore correctly when used by Gunner role in Multi-crew
*This is a near-complete list of things we are working on and aim to fix with release of the 3.0.3 update.
We’ll be sure to update you on any further information as soon as it becomes available and we thank you for your patience.
Will and the Frontier Developments Team