Leader

Temporary changes for Season 17

The following changes are so we can race with fewer issues in the forthcoming races.

1. Any driver that drops out once the race has started will not be allowed to rejoin if you do try to rejoin after dropping out you will be given a DSQ and banned from the next race.
  2. AI must be set to 100
  3. Drivers that decide they can not continue must retire in the pit lane, you must retire manually not by using ALT+F4, any driver that retires on track will be banned from the next race.
  4. Safety car to be turned off.
  5. If you drop out during qualifying you are allowed to rejoin.

Once patch 1.8 is released we will review the above.

When a car retires in the pits, does it actually get removed from the track while in the pitlane, even when you already passed your pit stall (quite easy to do for a merc for example)? Because if not, wouldn't it be better to retire at a place on the track where you don't end up at the end of a straight, causing yellows for some time there...

Understandable. Not a fan of no safety car. Cant we leave that on? 

"Dropping out" meaning disconnecting from race and being in a state where in order to continue racing you would have to reconnect to that multiplayer game. Reason I say this is because maybe a participant's wheel becomes disconnected or a quick change in setting is required and they must pause (turning their car into a ghost car). Is this also associated in this new temporary change?

Understandable. Not a fan of no safety car. Cant we leave that on?

I would love safety car also but I believe they have found some possible link between safety car, disconnections, and the weird desynced ghost car interactions

10 hours ago, lordrexxy said:

When a car retires in the pits, does it actually get removed from the track while in the pitlane, even when you already passed your pit stall (quite easy to do for a merc for example)? Because if not, wouldn't it be better to retire at a place on the track where you don't end up at the end of a straight, causing yellows for some time there...

Not always does it get removed, no matter where you retire on track there will always be a chance of yellow flags.

Regardless of your testing my original post stands, there will be no join in progress tonight.

The original post has been updated to make it clear about rejoining during qualification.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.