Smd Sara A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

After almost exactly 6 months from the birth of what we thought at times was an impossible dream, we are pleased to announce our initial release of our full Arma 2 map port of the Armed Assault classic map Sahrani.The Goals for the project and any bug reports for this build can found or made in the "Work in Progress" thread.In Short we aim to provide a higher quality Sahrani in terms of textures and features for Arma 2 enthusiasts to use. It should be more friendly to Arma AI, artillery computers, and the player's eye.This project was made possible only thanks to the open modding environment and map source files provided by Bohemia Interactive.We can not begin to thank them or this community enough for the generosity of knowledge, assets, and time they've shown us.Since I stumbled my way into the Arma scene by way of the DayZ Mod, I have been amazed by the wealth of mods, modders, and communities willing to share their knowledge and experience with us.Our Team is comprised of many members, but this map, is largely the work of only one of them. M1lkm8n has worked tirelessly to do justice to this amazing map, and to treat the source files provided by Bohemia Interactive with the utmost respect and reverence.We have MANY people to thank for their help who are documented in further detail in the package. PLEASE consider donating to any one of these pillars of the community to ensure future works, and keeping the machine moving forward!=============HUGE Thanks to:=============Bohemia Interactive - Makers of some of the Most AMAZING Video Games in the World!We can't thank the following enough:- Ota Vrtatko- Ivan Buchta- David Foltyn (Dwarden)Bohemia Interactive Forums - We can't thank the following members enough:- BadBenson- Bushlurker- Dslyecxi- Icewindo- kju[PVPSCENE]- Mikero- Mondkalb- Smookie- SnakeManPMC- W0lle- Wld427- VilasOur Team:Spoiler:
INITIAL RELEASE[24 Aug 2013]Paradise is a Click Away....Clients may delete the "Server Key" folder from their download but don't need to. Server hosts need to take the key out of there and put it in there keys folder obviously.Signed Map Files + Credits + License + Server KeyMirror 1Please enjoy the map and let us know of any suggestions, or problems you encounter. This is a work in progress and any and all input is welcome!License:Detailed license in the package - Put simple - This is a Bohemia Map, our version is open for use by anyone within the confines of Arma and it's sequels, however no source files can or will be provided by us as they belong to Bohemia and are used only under direct license for our projec

Found at: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162282-SMD_Sara_A2-Full-Sahrani-Map-Port-Initial-Release

Edited by [FUSION] R0adki11

Looks like the island needs to mature a bit more (at least yesterday there was an update). I'll check up on replacing our current Sahrani island with this one some time this week, to have it ready for our addon pack next weekend. I'll use whichever version is the latest for our addon pack update.

Looks like the island needs to mature a bit more (at least yesterday there was an update). I'll check up on replacing our current Sahrani island with this one some time this week, to have it ready for our addon pack next weekend. I'll use whichever version is the latest for our addon pack update.

Sounds great :) Hopefully they have fixed hearing the sea in some towns :)