Sign in to follow this  
ramdrop

Season 14 Announcement

F1-2015-banner.jpg

Season 13 is fast approaching the end and now it’s time to start planning for the next season! For those who have been racing with FUSION over the last couple of games will probably know, we do an equal car season and then we aim to do a performance car season before the next game comes out. Therefore we are pleased to announce that Season 14 will be a performance car season. You will allocated a car before the season starts based on your performance during Season 13. You probably have a lot of questions, hopefully all the what, why, when and how will all be explained.

What?

All the cars are unequal, some cars are faster than others due to engine capabilities, but some have better chassis than others. For example, Williams is very quick in a straight line, but suffers around circuits that require downforce, similarly, Red Bull suffers on speed orientated circuits but is very quick and nimble around street circuits.

Why?

Currently with equal cars there are some drivers who have an advantage over other drivers. The idea behind using performance cars is to equalize the field by giving the faster drivers more challenging cars and the other drivers faster cars. If this is done correctly, every driver should cross the finish line at exactly the same time.

When?

I have been testing this for a long time now, both before and after the seasonal Codemaster updates. The car performances have changed through the updates, however I still have a clear picture of how the cars are performing.

I have been watching all of you throughout practice sessions, during qualifying, throughout the race and have used all those times as real data to accurately place you in a car that we feel suits your performance and ability. The current championship has been taken into account as well, but, some drivers have not finished or been involved in incidents and this has thrown up some results that are not necessarily representative of that drivers performance. With every session that I am able to get times from gives me a much stronger position of where everybody should be allocated. As a mathematician and statistician, I know that the more data that is available, the better the conclusions will be.

How?

I drove 10 laps on a different number of tracks with every car, the tracks I chose were not random, they were chosen for a reason to test speed, handling, chassis performance and to gage an overall performance for the different engines. Every car has its weakness but equally has its strengths. From the 10 laps, I took the fastest three laps and then took an average to give me a single lap time. I did my best to keep the variables as constant as possible. I completed each track in a full sitting and used the same default setup on every car on each track - however, I have noticed that clearly some setups do not suit some cars on certain tracks. I kept this the same in an attempt to control the environment (i.e. Mercedes not running 11/11 around Monza whilst McLaren is running 1/1).

If anybody has any further questions that they need answering, just drop me a message or reply on here and we'll do our best to answer them.

There will also be further news coming soon, but for now this is the first step.

Not really StevIe, driver and cars will be allocated on a formula that we have,

So random teammates then? I can assume

Everybody will be assigned a car, so yes, you will have a random teammate, but its not like we've pulled names out of a hat and totally randomized it.

There is gonna be some moaning but I think it is a great idea and everyone should respect the time and effort gone into this to make it more interesting for everyone and just get on with the next season.

Well done, Ramdrop and Dave

There is gonna be some moaning but I think it is a great idea and everyone should respect the time and effort gone into this to make it more interesting for everyone and just get on with the next season.

Well done, Ramdrop and Dave

Credit has to go to Ramdrop, he's done a lot of work for season 14.

It's good to finally release all the background work that has been going on.

Thanks for the positive feedback, makes it all worth while!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.