Season 17 Plans

This post will be updated when we have got news of changes to season 17.

Below is a list of changes and ideas we have for the new season.

• Split into 2 divisions.

I think we could attract more drivers by using shorter races. Whilst I prefer the longer races personally, a lot of drivers may want to join for 50% as these seem to be the most popular. 

Maybe we could look at dropping one of the FP sessions and having the 50% race taking place then, it would serve as practice to those who want to do the 100% race say on the Friday.

This could attract more drivers and it's more racing for everyone else, of course its double the work but I think it could be managed.

With more drivers coming in, could also be the possibility of converting some to the 100% races.

10 minutes ago, StevieP said:

In terms of new drivers, that is the reason they leave because it is gruelling

That maybe the case for some, but they all signed up for 100% races and some have stayed.

We have done 100% races from the start which makes us different from almost all other leagues doing F1, I don't want the league to be like every other one out there, we are different and we should remain different.

47 minutes ago, StevieP said:

I agree I don't want to change that too. I was just pointing out that some can't hack it. Sorry for the confusion 

Understood Stevie.

14 hours ago, ramdrop said:

I think we could attract more drivers by using shorter races. Whilst I prefer the longer races personally, a lot of drivers may want to join for 50% as these seem to be the most popular. 

Maybe we could look at dropping one of the FP sessions and having the 50% race taking place then, it would serve as practice to those who want to do the 100% race say on the Friday.

This could attract more drivers and it's more racing for everyone else, of course its double the work but I think it could be managed.

With more drivers coming in, could also be the possibility of converting some to the 100% races.

I really like this suggestion. More races, and a chance to attract more drivers in the 100% race. From my standpoint its a win/win suggestion. If some dont like 50% races, they can just have the normal pracctice that day.

Only downside - if some of the original drivers drop 100% to only race 50%. But most people in this league, do enjoy 100% races so I dont really see that happen.

In general I think we should do more, to attract new drivers - not only in the beginning of the game. But during seasons, to replace drivers who leave. Make people aware of the league on forums / steam etc. Alot of people wants to drive in a league, but I dont think alot of people know about the existence of the league.

17 hours ago, ramdrop said:

Personally not a fan of this, though we do need more drivers I don't think this is the way to do it. I don't think we should change the way things are done here to suit other peoples desires :P. 

The only Thing I'd like to see for next years game is Full qualifying, short is good but it lowers your choice of tyres. for e.g; in short quali you only get 2 softer tyres, where in full you'll get 3 this opens it up for much more strategy. If there isn't enough drivers still, make it Dynamic. if there's over X amount of players = Full qual and so on :P.  

17 hours ago, ramdrop said:

why would people join this league when there is a mutch bigger one, AOR for example. well for example because we do 100% races. if we do the same as all the other league's [50% races] i don't think it would attract a lot of people. because we only have about 11/12 people in the league atm.   

1 hour ago, westyy said:

The only Thing I'd like to see for next years game is Full qualifying, short is good but it lowers your choice of tyres. for e.g; in short quali you only get 2 softer tyres, where in full you'll get 3 this opens it up for much more strategy. If there isn't enough drivers still, make it Dynamic. if there's over X amount of players = Full qual and so on :P.  

You would be wrong there my friend.

In a current race weekend, you get 12 tyres that depend on what you pick, 6 are for practice the other 6 are for the race and qualifying. 

In short quali, you get access to 3 sets of tyres. If you did Full quali, you get access to the same 3 tyres in Q1/Q2 but an extra set in Q3 (The Q3 set is returned at the end of the session) and so you then go into the race with the same tyres that you would have had in short quali.

I appreciate everyone's comments on my suggestion, but I am just going up with something that could attract more people, it's more popular out there and so seems silly not to attract the clientele and then expand that way.

What is good about Fusion compared to other league.

100% race length 

Practice sessions

Everyone is welcome

All race together

Online mates.

As long as this doesnt change all is good.

13 hours ago, dr_waschl said:

I'd also prefer 100% races with full quali.

What kind of car selection system will there be for next season?

Not decided yet, but I do like the idea of a ramdom pick again.

16 hours ago, westyy said:

Personally not a fan of this, though we do need more drivers I don't think this is the way to do it. I don't think we should change the way things are done here to suit other peoples desires :P. 

I would also like to see a return to full qualification.

ok first of all divisions yay i will be practising all week for hopefully more then 1 point 

1. division 1 no racing line no assists at all 

2. all divisions we should adopt an AOR style system except a fusion veteran should watch every sign up do a low fuel power lap around silver stone Singapore and Brazil in the rain as opposed to people doing screenshots. yes its more time consuming but i stops people sandbagging and artificially getting into a lower division 

3. stick with the picking out of a hat team selection system 

4. division 2 allow medium level traction control (But only for stragglers and just about top 10 drivers)  

when i think of more suggestions i will be back here  

Allowing more assists in division 2 would attract more drivers, but we must be careful not to go overboard with it.

Then do we ban all assists in division 1?

12 hours ago, smu3l3y said:

ok first of all divisions yay i will be practising all week for hopefully more then 1 point 

1. division 1 no racing line no assists at all 

2. all divisions we should adopt an AOR style system except a fusion veteran should watch every sign up do a low fuel power lap around silver stone Singapore and Brazil in the rain as opposed to people doing screenshots. yes its more time consuming but i stops people sandbagging and artificially getting into a lower division 

3. stick with the picking out of a hat team selection system 

4. division 2 allow medium level traction control (But only for stragglers and just about top 10 drivers)  

when i think of more suggestions i will be back here  

i agree with 1 and 3. but i quess we first have to see how the traction control is on F1 2017 because at this game it is an advantage to use medium TC [4 i am talking about]

2 Divisions is an idea. Only problem is, we have 12 racers that turn up to most races. 

2 Divisions of 6. We can only really guarantee 6 racers in each div turning up. Thats even if we recruit new racers, who knows how long they will stay. 

I would say what about changing the day we race to a Sunday. Having FP1 on Wednesday and FP2 on Friday. 

5 minutes ago, foggy said:

2 Divisions is an idea. Only problem is, we have 12 racers that turn up to most races. 

2 Divisions of 6. We can only really guarantee 6 racers in each div turning up. Thats even if we recruit new racers, who knows how long they will stay. 

I would say what about changing the day we race to a Sunday. Having FP1 on Wednesday and FP2 on Friday. 

i don't think that would help [change the race to Sunday] at least i won't be able to race anymore and i think some others would have the same problem.

36 minutes ago, foggy said:

I wouldn't go to a Sunday. Many people race at AOR and it will get in the way of that. If we stay as it is, people can do both. :P

What about division 1 (F1) with no assists and 100%. That can be the flagship 

division 2 (GP2) with some assists like racing line and 50% races. This way you get a  crowd of newbies and they will stick around plus it can be a promotion type thing where they can get moved up into the full league. 

Also slower drivers could chose to drop down with committee permission

I'd definitely like to see enough people so that we're able to run more than one division in the league. As people have touched on, we do need to be mindful of the assists that we allow in the second division as they can hand significant advantages out to people who use them, such as the extra grip that medium traction control provides with very little cost in time.

I'm in favour of using either car selection method that has been brought up, however I would like for actual team mates to be choice based as usual.

I'll have a much better idea of things when I test F1 2017 in a few weeks, but the NDA prevents me from saying much at all.

Edited by omegaiv

Freedom pick over choice of car.

If you have 2 divisions, Division 1 should have no assists whatsoever, no traction control, no line, no abs, nothing, nowt, nada. 

Division 2 can have some assists, and what not, and I agree with dropping the distances to bring more people in.

A race is never won on the first lap anyway, you can have close racing over a 100% distance or it can be a minefield blown wide open.

The committee should have 'plans' for it, but nothing should be set in stone until the game actually comes out. From what I've read, it's easy to pick up the throttle but a little less forgiving on braking. F1 2015/16 especially has been throttle sensitive, but with the down-force rules as they are, it seems that everyone will almost have some form of traction control, meaning that skills like feathering the throttle around Turn 1/2 at China would be non existent. 

If you left ABS on, those drivers would have an advantage I feel until people got used to the game.

You really need to actually play the game first before coming up with any real ideas to be honest, it's as I said, you can have ideas and potential plans in place, but I feel you need to test it first - this game is a completely different to previous games because of the rule changes.

I really strongly disagree with reducing the race distance in any division it is part of what makes fusion unique ! however if this really was to be put in place i would suggest a mandatory 1 hour practise session for the race taking place the following week kinda like in 2006 when the slower teams were allowed to run a third car perhaps a chance for the steam boat willys to perfect there craft  

I would be cautious when it comes to extending an olive branch from fusion for people who havent joined up medium tc should be enough  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.