Updated Points System

The committee has decided to put in place a refreshed points system that will allow the top 15 drivers to score points. The new system is as follows:

1st place = 25 points

2nd place = 18 points

3rd place = 15 points

4th place = 12 points

5th place = 11 points

6th place = 10 points

7th place = 9 points

8th place = 8 points

9th place = 7 points

10th place = 6 points

11th place = 5 points

12th place = 4 points

13th place = 3 points

14th place = 2 points

15th place = 1 point

We would encourage everyone to take a look at the updated standings as they may look a little different. We will be using this system from Monza onwards.

Edited by omegaiv

fine if you do it for a new season but you just can't change it mid season. the people who retired because they where not in the points anyway have probably lost points because of that. its just unfair and makes no sense when we normally only have like 11/12 people turning up. what we are doing now is basically changing the championship order because you guys have decided to change it out of the sudden. you just CAN'T change the championship order mid season no matter what.  

7 minutes ago, morturiom said:

fine if you do it for a new season but you just can't change it mid season. the people who retired because they where not in the points anyway have probably lost points because of that. its just unfair and makes no sense when we normally only have like 11/12 people turning up. what we are doing now is basically changing the championship order because you guys have decided to change it out of the sudden. you just CAN'T change the championship order mid season no matter what.  

Though I do agree it should of been added at the start of next season, not right now. If people retire because they're not in the points they deserve to get no points. I also don't think many if any positions changed due to this, it's just made it closer. But I do think this will mean more people will finish the races from now and maybe even more may turn up knowing they can get points.

If we could have both the old and new standings in here, that would be great. So we could compare and probably see that pretty much nothing changed. On the other hand I don't quite get why all of a sudden we can make changes to the rules mid season. Last couple of times it was an absolute no-go even if the change had a much bigger and positive impact than this one. But just for that reason I'd like to have this change implemented now. It would mark a way better improvement than the actual change :D

3 hours ago, morturiom said:

We can change what we like when we like, any changes made are done in the best interest of the league.

I got stolen roughly 20 points (probably more) to Westyy and I agree with morty you can't change the point system during the season. Also, why was there no democratic voting on it, most drivers weren't asked if they agree on the new rule.

1 hour ago, dr_waschl said:

I got stolen roughly 20 points (probably more) to Westyy and I agree with morty you can't change the point system during the season. Also, why was there no democratic voting on it, most drivers weren't asked if they agree on the new rule.

We can't do democracy in this league as it tries to be as close to real F1 as possible... The FIA doesn't asl the drivers too often either. Now you may think the points system is a big difference to real F1 but that's just an illusion, this is definitely not the case. Definitely not.

3 hours ago, dr_waschl said:

Your points haven't been stolen, its difficult to explain over the forum but in a way your points are now worth 'more.' If you're able to keep finishing ahead of Westyy there is no change in position. Even if he finishes ahead of you, he'll likely only outscore you by one point. I hope you see what I mean.

22 minutes ago, omegaiv said:

Your points haven't been stolen, its difficult to explain over the forum but in a way your points are now worth 'more.' If you're able to keep finishing ahead of Westyy there is no change in position. Even if he finishes ahead of you, he'll likely only outscore you by one point. I hope you see what I mean.

can't change the points that have already been scored omega. there is no such thing in any Motorsport category if you know what i mean. it's basically taking points away that people have scored and giving other points that they have never scored. i can see why this rule is here and i respect it but it should have been done at a start of a season

Before the rule change I had 108 points, Westyy had 86 points.

With your rule change the top 4 points have stayed the same, but positions 5-15 suddenly make more points.

I finished in the top 4 six times, Westyy 0 times. For everytime Westyy and I scored points outside the top 4 we got more points for those positions, but for my amount of points that i collected in the top 4, I don't get more points.

So yes my 20 points have been stolen.

But that's just one of the reasons why I am against changing the point system mid-season.

25 minutes ago, dr_waschl said:

Before the rule change I had 108 points, Westyy had 86 points.

With your rule change the top 4 points have stayed the same, but positions 5-15 suddenly make more points.

I finished in the top 4 six times, Westyy 0 times. For everytime Westyy and I scored points outside the top 4 we got more points for those positions, but for my amount of points that i collected in the top 4, I don't get more points.

So yes my 20 points have been stolen.

But that's just one of the reasons why I am against changing the point system mid-season.

But then you can't really do it like that, in australia you didnt get points when I did, same for canada and same for silverstone. The only reason why I've closed up on you so  much is because I've finished in top 10 every race. Though I don't agree on changing mid-season Like I've already said but if this was done at the start of the season their wouldn't be any difference to where we are now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.