Season 18 | Great Britain

This thread is used to discuss incidents that happened in the race and you feel that the stewards should be involved with.

If you were involved in an incident during the race, please comment on what happened below and explain what happened.

If drivers have recorded the race, this aids in reaching a decision and the correct penalty (if applicable) can be applied.

We ask that if you have nothing to contribute and were not involved in the incident, please refrain from posting.

goX42Ag.png

WVEgosr.png

hMs3Cgc.png

xuGq48E.jpg

Ngz7S3o.jpg

srGgT7B.jpg

RZu4Ai7.jpg

5s9FQn1.jpg

Rm8RuTw.jpg

7ef5AgX.jpg

KUt41yo.jpg

FJ5BWNB.jpg

Video:

This is what I could see during the race and qualifying, as I wasn't around everyone for 52 laps I cannot say if this was going on every lap. Similar to qualifying, I was doing my own laps so couldn't check.

Hi, I'm going to share my opinion on the matter of this. 

if we are going to penalise for this type of incident, it would have to be done how the game would of done it. Every extend = 1 warning, every 3 warnings = 3 seconds time penalty. But due to us not having the full evidence of how many times people have extended, it's deemed unfair & therefore shouldn't be penalised. I'm aware that extending there is wrong, but when it can't be penalised correctly it's not fair to penalise.  That is my opinion of the matter.

My reply to my incidents:

Q2 Extend: Small mistake from missing my turn-in point. Which caused me to under-steer wide which lost me time as I was on another lap after and I was 0.3 tenths up and could of improved but I decided to pit. Which there is proof that this in-fact did lose me time. So I had no gain. 

Q3 Extend: That was my final lap, but it wasn't an improvement to my best time. Therefore no gain.

Lap 14: Missed my breaking point slightly + dirty air from Mort which caused my car to go wider than normal, nothing I could of done. I lost time from this anyway.

To be clear I'm not after giving anyone a penalty, but having said that anyone that thinks that extending the track limits is OK is very wrong, I did 52 laps and never at any point needed to extend the track, we must make it clear it is not acceptable to break the rules and get away with it, just because the game fails to hand you a penalty it does not mean you can extend or cut a corner, it's wrong very wrong for anyone to have that attitude.

In all fairness the attitude of a racing driver is to find the fastest possible line / way around the track. Real life drivers will cut and extend if they can and where they can. Look at monza and silverstone. Of course flying over corners to gain advantage is wrong but extending on power something real life drivers do.

• Like 2

I said this to Dave and I'll say it again.

Regardless if drivers did not improve qualifying laps, they still went out and extended.

You knew you had extended Westyy, but chose not to do another lap and left your only Q2 lap as an 'invalid lap', you weren't the only one but I could only see what I could when I was not driving myself.

Your final Q3 lap when you extended, regardless if you improved, you still went out there and there was no evidence of a lift at any point. Similar with your Lap 14 incident, there was no evidence of a lift, you kept your foot in, you are aware there is dirty air.

We said at the beginning of the week that it wouldn't be tolerated, if that area of the track was viable, then they would have put the track there and not cut the corner inwards.

Real life drivers get away with what they can and the the fact that they have different stewards week in, week out makes policing it stupid as each steward is not consistent.

Some track limits are tighter than others (Austria T1) and obviously some are more lax, so you need a common base.

You're not the only one, but like I said, I was very limited to what I could see being where I was. If everyone recorded this race, there would be 12 drivers and 2 specific corners over 52 laps to look at, 1248 things to look at.

I am with Dave on this one, I would not award a penalty and the purpose of the screenshots above is not aimed at picking on single drivers. The screenshots only show what I saw. I have no idea what was happening throughout the rest of the race and unless people are honest, only the drivers themselves will know.

So lets draw a line in the sand and move forward and not dwell on what happened, just learn from it and move on

9 minutes ago, ramdrop said:

I said this to Dave and I'll say it again.

Regardless if drivers did not improve qualifying laps, they still went out and extended.

You knew you had extended Westyy, but chose not to do another lap and left your only Q2 lap as an 'invalid lap', you weren't the only one but I could only see what I could when I was not driving myself.

Your final Q3 lap when you extended, regardless if you improved, you still went out there and there was no evidence of a lift at any point. Similar with your Lap 14 incident, there was no evidence of a lift, you kept your foot in, you are aware there is dirty air.

We said at the beginning of the week that it wouldn't be tolerated, if that area of the track was viable, then they would have put the track there and not cut the corner inwards.

Real life drivers get away with what they can and the the fact that they have different stewards week in, week out makes policing it stupid as each steward is not consistent.

Some track limits are tighter than others (Austria T1) and obviously some are more lax, so you need a common base.

You're not the only one, but like I said, I was very limited to what I could see being where I was. If everyone recorded this race, there would be 12 drivers and 2 specific corners over 52 laps to look at, 1248 things to look at.

I am with Dave on this one, I would not award a penalty and the purpose of the screenshots above is not aimed at picking on single drivers. The screenshots only show what I saw. I have no idea what was happening throughout the rest of the race and unless people are honest, only the drivers themselves will know.

So lets draw a line in the sand and move forward and not dwell on what happened, just learn from it and move on

This issue with track limits have been around for a while, why only now is this an issue? Last season GB? Last season Mexico? Last season USA? etc...  It might be wrong to capitalise on it. But everyone has the same chance to do it. It's like the "weird" setups, they shouldn't work, but they do. Everyone has the same chance. You can be clean as you want, but when it's a small extend as my Q2 lap are you really going to penalise over that? extended or not, I gained 0. If I was to extend at turn 4 I would lose time, would you still penalise? no as I don't gain time. So that should stay the same where ever you are on track. Anyhow, I agree you shouldn't be able to extend as much as you can. But you shouldn't be penalised when It can't be done fairly. 

Westyy that’s what I do not like, just because it there and there for all it does not mean you should extend.

Fusion updated the Rules on Monday to account for this. I think we could be DSQing everyone that extended at turn 9 and 15 or else whats the point of the rule. Lets do it!!!

• Like 1

Rexxy is un-able to log in to his account, therefore I will be posting the outcome on his behalf.

LordRexxy: After taking careful consideration it seemed impossible for us to reward any type of penalties/warnings so it would seem too unfair with lack of evidence through-out the whole race to award any. If this extend was used towards an overtake you may still report as that's a different matter as there will be proof available for that certain matter. 

Thanks.

(writing from my phone here) 

I can confirm Westyy posted this on my behalf. 

So if you want to report an incident regarding track extending you can obviously still do that. We do want to be able to award penalties in a fair fashion though. Therefore we cannot just penalize the guys around ramdrop just because they happened to be around a recording driver. If you obviously somehow find the footage of every driver of the whole race and watch through all of that and pick out every extended corner, the stewards will happily award penalties for the accused drivers. 

On a serious note though, if you feel someone... 

... overtook you... 

... made your overtake impossible... 

... got away from / close to you... 

... by extending the track once or on multiple occasions, you can report that and we will look into it as a single incident, independent from what other drivers might have done during a race. 

Now this post got longer than I planned it to get but so be it. 

Thank you for understanding

Lo'Rexxy

No one asked for a penalty to be awarded, just the fact some drivers feel it’s ok to cheat and abuse the limits because the game fails to, this is the issue that needs addressing.

21 minutes ago, morturiom said:

if you think it is a problem that we gain time with cutting the corner, then cut the corner and get on with it

Have you even bothered to read the rules?

Corner Cutting or Extending the track limits

• Corner cutting and extending the track limits is not allowed and will not be tolerated, you are expected to stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The white lines define the edge of the track, not by the edge of the kerbs. You can gain an advantage by corner cutting and this is not allowed. The game does administer penalties, but we have a system. If you overtake a car off of the track, you must give the position back, the game should tell you but if it doesn’t, you are expected to remain respectful of the rules.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Leader said:

No one asked for a penalty to be awarded, just the fact some drivers feel it’s ok to cheat and abuse the limits because the game fails to, this is the issue that needs addressing.

So why post about it here?

2 minutes ago, westyy said:

So why post about it here?

To show the lack of respect some have for the rules, rules which will now be reviewed to make sure this never happens again.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

To show the lack of respect some have for the rules, rules which will now be reviewed to make sure this never happens again.

"This thread is used to discuss incidents that happened in the race and you feel that the stewards should be involved with."

3 minutes ago, westyy said:

"This thread is used to discuss incidents that happened in the race and you feel that the stewards should be involved with."

Correct and a warning should have been issued to all drivers that think it was ok to extend, no one extends unless they gain from it.

This is the most passive aggressive thread on the forum. Its awful. We cant be calling people stuff on here like this guys. Christ. Its a good read but seriously what the f.

3 minutes ago, foggy said:

This is the most passive aggressive thread on the forum. Its awful. We cant be calling people stuff on here like this guys. Christ. Its a good read but seriously what the f.

Agreed Foggy but everyone must respect the rules, Rexxy has made his decision and we must respect that, closing the topic and now, but the rules will be changed.

• Leader locked this topic