We have noticed that the VPN networking issue, which was addressed in the September Update – Patch 1, still persists for some players. We wanted to let you know that the team has renewed their investigations into the matter and hope to resolve it for affected players as soon as possible. However, in the meantime, we have identified a workaround that will hopefully help you connect via a VPN.
Please follow these steps below:
- Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
- (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonElite DangerousProductselite-dangerous-64
- (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:Program Files (x86)FrontierProductselite-dangerous-64
- You should see a file named ‘appconfig.xml’
- Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a…